Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Evaluate ITguide, Pleeeeze!

I love reading Seth Godin, author of six books including his latest, All Marketers are Liars. This isn't the first time I've referenced Seth's Blog in the ITscout Blog (e.g., see The Key To Successful Blogging). He just seems to have a special knack for capturing the essence of what I'm thinking or how I'm feeling.

One column Seth posted last month especially resonated with me, probably because it coincided with the release of my company's latest product, ITguide. Entitled "Open Big," Seth wrote, "We all want to open big. We want our product launches to be instant successes." But, unfortunately, the real world doesn't always work that way. The bottom line, according to Seth, is that while it's way way easier to start things than it used to be, today's online snowball effect, by far more powerful than the old-world scream & dream approach, still rarely hits all at once. "So," Seth asks, "what's it mean to you?"  Excerpted below are his answers to that question:
  • Make something worth making.

  • Sell something worth talking about.

  • Believe in what you do because you may have to do it for a long time before it catches on.

  • Don't listen to the first people who give you feedback.

  • Don't give up. Not for a while, anyway.
As I wrote in an earlier ITscout Blog posting:   Is anybody there?   Does anybody care?   Does anybody see what I see?

If you haven't done so already, then please allow me to ask you again one more time to Evaluate ITguide, Pleeeeze!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home